Father’s father? Tips For Healthy Hair

Father’s father?  Tips For Healthy Hair

« How much hair will a person grow in a year

How do you glue in extensions »

I just have a short question; how important are the genes from your father’s father when it comes to MPB.

He’s the only guy in my family who doesn’t have MPB so he’s my only hope !

Probably not as important as your father or your mother’s father.

How about your father’s brother? Or your mother’s brother? My dad was balding at 18 years old is now is a NW6-7. His older brother has age related thinning and is a NW2. They both come from a NW7 dad. My mom’s brother had a full head of hair before he died at almost 50. Where does that leave me? I definitely don’t follow my dad’s pattern. So does that mean I could have inherited both uncle’s genes and should end up like my dad’s brother? I hope so. I can’t really go by my mom’s brother because he died too young. But unfortunately there is no guarantees in life and certainly genetics are totally unpredictable. Only time will tell. So guess it really does not matter who’s on first, what’s on second, and I don’t know is on third………………….

Doctor house is right. I think most important is father and mother’s father, but you never know and you’ll drive yourself crazy trying to figure it out.

Honestly you can get a genetic test done for about $100 dollars that tells you a fairly accurate probability that you will go bald. They are aware of some of the genes that play a major factor in the balding process.

In my own topic (read it @ viewtopic.php?f=28&t=57703) I posted the following about the guys in my family:

My dad started going bald when he was 22/23. (Now 50 years old and NW 4,5)

His brother started going bald when he was 26/27. (Now 53 years old and NW 4)

My dad’s dad: Died at 73 with a NW 2.

My mother’s dad: started going bald at his late 20′s/beginnign 30′s. (Now 87 years old and NW 6.

Looks pretty messed up for me… My hair is my everything! I would pay so much money just to keep NW 1 till I’m 30

Honestly you can get a genetic test done for about $100 dollars that tells you a fairly accurate probability that you will go bald. They are aware of some of the genes that play a major factor in the balding process.

Its only accurate to 70 percent. I did the test already. Does not help too much because there is still that 30 percent chance that you won’t go bald if it says you will or 30 percent chance you will go bald even it you test 70 percent that you don’t have the balding gene. Its not a 100 percent. It also said I am not a great responder to Propecia. However, I still take the pill since it said I have a 70 percent chance to go bald knowing I am not a great responder. Another words, I don’t have any faith in that test since in life there are no guarantees except for death and taxes.

on Saturday, March 30th, 2013 at 6:50 am and is filed under hair discussions.

You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.

Both comments and pings are currently closed.

nba star deron williams crazy hair regrowth

What is the best dye to dip dye your hair with

Griffin brothers…one noticeably thinning, the other not

What is the conditioner for blow drying and straightening hair damage and split ends

Is it better to have curly or wavy hair

How do you take care your permed hair